Skip to main content

Open Letter To A Friend

Dear Friend

I totally adore and respect your sense of self and ambition. You are one of the most ambitious and dare I say persistent persons I have ever met. I look up to you as a statue of feminism and strength, therefore it came as a shock to me when you threw all that away like it wasn't worth a thing.

Let me step back for a minute there and bring to light what I am on about. I am one of those who believe in getting to know people before passing judgement on them and I never take people's word as a basis to judge someone's character neither do I judge a person's character based on his/her gender. I have applied this attitude to my life everyday and this one was one of the things that brought us together. I have always stood for looking for the good in people, giving people a chance and never judging someone especially not based on the generalization theory the different genders tend to use against themselves.

As a smart lady that I believe you are, it came as a shock to me that you not only judged me based on a male's perspective of what ladies are supposed to be like but that you made up your mind about me because of what someone who has never met me or never been friends with me had to say about me. This people literally don't know anything about me asides my name and a few general details while you have known me for over six (6) years yet you felt their analysis of me is infact superior to what you know.

As shocking and as disappointing as this may have been when I heard those words from your lips, it was even more disappointing to realise that you no longer trust yourself to make the right call or decisions but depend on others to shape your thought pattern and possibly your life. And more appalling is that you need a man's input to be able to make an informed decision.

I was just going to give you space to recover from whatever delusion and crisis you may be going through but then what kind of friend would I be if I allowed you to degenerate to a point where your self esteem might take a beating for it. Hope you snap out of it soon but if you don't just know that I will be here when you decide to go back to that smart and strong feminist that I have come to adore.

Warm Regards
A Friend Who Cares

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TURBAN DAY

My first attempt at incorporating a turban without wearing a trad went amazing well. I have been tying turbans and scarves a lot lately (and no it isn't religious more like my culture) but never tried it with a top and pants. So today, I decided to break that norm and use a turban with whatever I choose to wear. Hence, this outfit. What are your thoughts?.




My Favorite Links Of The Week

Today I would be highlighting my best links of the week and why. First of, none of the articles were written by me or anyone I know but they have greatly impacted my life. I love to read (it is actually a hobby, dorky I know) and enlighten my perspective on life in generally and this has really contributed to building of my character and probably personality. I will run through the links paragraph by paragraph and hopefully won't bore you.

I stumbled upon this advice "4 Ways to Increase Job Search Confidence" and I was immediately taken because the writer was speaking to me. Generally I tend to shy away from things I know I may not be qualified to do even though I may be wickedly good at it. I kind of keep my talent on the down low for fear of either seeming like a know it all or coming off wrong. I am not a perfectionist by any means but I am one of those people who believe that all arguments or opinions should be factually verifiable (I know it is bad and I am working o…

Suit And Tie

If you remember correctly, I showed you all My Big Reveal. So today you would be seeing it in an outfit. I woke up with Angelina Jolie's outfit to BAFTA award on my mind so I decided to replicate it while adding my own touch to the ensemble.


 Yeah, I tried it out with a white lace top. Different but me right?


 My ultimate goal was to take the look and make it as ladylike as possible without ruining the effect of the suit and tie. I loved the outcome and received lots of complements on it.
I also decide to play with grey, black and blue as my basics.
 What are your thoughts. Do you think my way of replication is cool or I should just stick to basic white shirt?