Wednesday, August 6, 2014

SKATER SKIRT

Yesterday, I decided to look as preppy as possible. I have been feeling like wearing my high school uniform for soo long (even if the last time I wore one was almost 10 years ago), I have just been into the preppy mode of late. So I had to come up with a creative idea to make it work. As you all know, I work in an investment bank which has very strict dress code. So how do you make preppy professionally accepted, I decided I had to forgo the socks and the headband (that would be too Blair Waldorf) but I still went with the skater skirt and stripes and this was my result.


 Not too shabby and not too teenage like but still maintained the preppy feel of the entire outfit, which was what I was going for.


 I also tried to be as playful as possible in the snapshots and I tried to wrap my braids too


 Maybe next time I would incorporate a tie and see the resultant effect but till then I just used a necklace as a substitute. And the beauty of the skirt is in the flare, at least I think so.

What do you think? I believe I rocked a preppy but corporate wear (my opinion by the way, what's your?).


16 comments:

  1. You are so cute! Outfit permeates 3 types of blue! Your strict shirt is very suitable for any kind of dress code!
    Kisses, Sily

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute skirt! Love how you've styled it!
    Have a stylish and perfect week!

    xx Cissy
    www.idreamofbunnies.com
    Follow on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is absolutely perfect!
    Kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute outfit, thanks for vising my blog looking lovely, good post..http://jenniquecreatives.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking fab in that skirt!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fab honey!! Love the look! Btw, thanks for stoping by my blog!!

    Xoxo
    dogma96.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! What a pretty skater skirt!

    -Mathilde
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN | LOOKBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! This is such a lovely look. Hope you have an amazing day!


    Kenny,
    WHATKENNYHEARTS.COM
    INSTAGRAM @kennydaily / BLOGLOVIN / FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabbbbb<3
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely. Great style ilike it.

    - Another Look #ontheblog -
    Greets Jon | www.jonthegold.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you look great! This is my favorite outfit of yours so far. I love the contrast between the structured top and blazer combined with the flirty and fun skirt <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i can see you're having so much fun with this look , i love the skirt and you styled it so well. Very Pretty!

    StyleandBeautyLounge

    .....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing look. You are really fun
    http://divadiari.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete